Sunday, October 3, 2010

Look through my eyes by Distant Lover

Help me see what everyone else sees, Help me see how I have changed

I look but I can’t see what everyone else says that see

Maybe if I squint my eyes or take off my glasses, I will get a glimpse of the “new me”

Is it the sadness they hear in my voice, or the sounds of my tears hitting the phone

They explain to me how I make them feel but I can’t imagine

I look deep in my soul to try and understand

But I get nothing

Is it the complaining, reading or the depressing thoughts I share

Ummm, I wonder if that’s why the phone is silent as I ask are you there

They’re getting fed up I hear it in their voice for they can’t take me anymore

The conversations seem like it may be the last

Were on the phone and I know they don’t want to be

From my best friends to my boyfriend they all seem to be fading away

I may not see what they see or feel how I make them feel

But I am asking, no I am begging, for someone to please look through my eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment